Brett Cornell Series

Home of the supreme UNSCRUPULOUS BASTARD himself !!

Friday, February 24, 2012

BRETT LEAVES HIS WOMAN SPEECHLESS !!



In this scene from "BRETT ALWAYS WINS" -- Brett easily subjugates his female opponent, just as the title of the novel suggests:




In a tight whisper, she said to me,

" I haven’t forgotten about what you and that cheap redhead were up to all last night –“

“I haven’t forgotten about it either,” I told her with a big, hearty laugh. “It was some night, baby, let me tell you!”
  
 “And in our bed, no less!” she went on, getting more worked up by the second, although I couldn’t see what the big deal was. I mean, what was done was done, and no amount of crying and moaning was gonna alter events that had already transpired – and that’s exactly how that great philosopher Plutonium would have put it, too, I’ll bet.

    “I ain’t in the arguing mood right now,” I said, cutting her off at the pass and lifting my chin at her slightly. “I’m about to make an easy five thousand clams, right? So, just cool your jets, baby, and hightail it to the office after you get cleaned up here – And clean yourself up, too, while you’re at it. I don’t want none of my women going out in public without looking like a million bucks.”

    And then she drew back slightly, gave me a completely dumbfounded look, and said, as if with a sense of wonder,

    “I don’t know what to say right now. You’ve left me completely speechless.”

    And she simply remained standing there. Awe-struck, I guess. So, I merely shrugged my shoulders, and said,

    “Sucks, don’t it?”




Because -- as BRETT says many times throughout the course of the nine novels:

"It's just so great, being me!"





No comments:

Post a Comment